Project Delivery Manager
Location: Energys Group Head Office and Field
Department: Project Delivery Team
Salary: £25k – 37k
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Purpose and objectives of the role
1. Manage energy efficient projects from start to finish ensuring that they are completed within timeframe and budget.
2. Optimize project profitability by making best use of all human resources, effective scheduling and cost effective sourcing.
Main duties and responsibilities
To manage the end to end delivery of all projects:
- Oversee projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that our work delivers to the client the energy savings projects on time and within budget.
- Regular visits to client sites and pre-start and handover meetings ensuring that client is satisfied throughout project.
- Maximise profitability by challenging costs, reviewing working patterns and helping to ensure installation staff are motivated and efficiently utilised.
- Ensure that teams are working to current Health & Safety legislations and abide by the rules laid out in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Deal with customer service issues and ensure snagging is resolved on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Ensure that teams are fulfilling monthly KPI’s
- Analyse of productivity and project finances to management team.
- Ensure that the project planner is kept up to date and that the engineers’ time is optimised to achieve the best project margin.
Project/Practice Related Competencies
Project /Practice Management
- Manage the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigate any risk.
- Ensure engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all practice engagements.
- Report profit and loss figures.
- Consolidate and analyse profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilisation across practice.
- Help create pipeline forecasts and broad-based financial picture for practice.
- Ensure practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives, including revenue and margin.
- Regular client reviews.
Career Path Core Competencies
- Develop and meet revenue and other financial goals for practice.
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilisation across practice.
- Manage the negotiation of contract pricing when necessary.
- Ensure practice is well informed, at all times, of changes and newsworthy events within our company.
- Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors.
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Evaluate and redesign practice offerings.
- Understand the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide our clients to the best solution for their situation.
- Achieve excellence in all areas of business.
- Champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
- Reinforce team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organisation.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintain lasting client relationships.
- Ensure practice delivers superior solutions to clients.
- Provide senior level resolution to client issues.
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required by the company.
- Excellent communicator
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining a clear view of the objective
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly excel and Microsoft Project.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to effectively work through others and lead by example
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Basic knowledge of lighting design tools
- Strong client facing skills
- Calm and ‘statesman like’ under pressure
- Working knowledge of the products used in our solutions
- Understanding of electrical works and their challenges
- Comfortable with working in the field
- Several years in a senior client-facing role
- Experience of a field based role
- Experience of Team Management
- Strong knowledge of the Energy Management sector and the solutions available
The Energys Group January 2018 horizon scan: EU ups the ante on buildings energy efficiency standards
As we approach 2018, what key trends in energy efficiency are closing out the year?
Was 2017 finally the breakthrough year for low carbon and energy efficiency?
Have a question?+44(0)1403 786212